Zipongo is a fast-growing digital health startup. We help enterprises support the well-being of their employees by making it easy to eat well. Our vision is the eradication of diet-related chronic diseases, which will improve quality of life for individuals and families. Check out our Careers page for more information.
About the Team
The Zipongo team is diverse, agile, responsive to great ideas, and growing fast! If you’re as passionate about nutrition, sports, and good food as we are, check us out. Help Zipongo make positive changes in real people.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll lead the development of the Zipongo platform and applications, in an Agile environment, working with our team members and users to translate user stories into specs. You’ll also ultimately develop, document, test and maintain our platform and applications.
- Lead new and existing applications through their full lifecycle – provide training, support, and maintenance as necessary
- Create beautiful front-end UIs that are also simple, intuitive, and efficient, in collaboration with our UX and Visual Design team
- Develop efficient and maintainable web services/ Restful APIs supporting web and mobile applications
- Help administer servers and databases necessary to host the tools
- Thoroughly document new and existing tools, both at the code level and the user level
As a strong candidate, you have…
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Skilled with JQuery and AJAX
- Experienced with web services development, XML, JSON
- Proficiency with SVN or Git and standard code management tools
- Organized, detail oriented and highly dependable
As an Exceptional candidate, you have…
- Experience with Zend and MVC programming
- Experience with additional languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, and Objective-C
- Knowledge of AWS and cloud based server tools
- Effective problem solving skills including decision making and time management
- Ability to approach problems logically & rationally
- Action-oriented, internally driven and self disciplined
- Ability to quickly & effectively prioritize to meet business needs and deadlines
- Leadership, Autonomy and Creative Collaboration
- Mentorship from National Leaders in web engineering, design, social entrepreneurship, venture investing, public health and medicine
- Equity, Competitive Salary and Benefits Options
- Positively impacting the way people eat and live
We believe in our mission, and we want to be joined by brilliant, creative, hard working and balanced people who want to have a positive impact on our culture. If you're interested, please Apply from this page. Include your resume, and a cover letter that includes an explanation of your interest in Zipongo, a theory on the meaning of our name, or your best joke.